Sunday, July 30, 2006

One Ring to rule them All

I don’t like wearing jewelry. That said I have to date purchased four rings: High School graduation, my wedding ring (version I and version II) and my new replacement ring as shown here:

I will provide a little history to indicate just how big this is. The only reason I purchased my high school graduation was because my sister Kathleen filled out the form. My parents were not going to attend my graduation; therefore I wasn’t. I swung around during summer to pick up my diploma.

The wedding ring is self explanatory; if anyone can figure out how to get married without a ring it would have been me; so trust me when I say you can’t. I will in the interest of full disclosure admit that I did loose my first wedding ring (to a Hyatt in Kern) and am on ring number 2. (The hotel called to tell my wife they couldn't find it before I had a chance to tell her it was lost.)

Four years ago, my wife gave me a truly wonderful wedding anniversary present ‘I didn’t have to wear my ring anymore’. So why would I go out and buy a new ring?

One word: Titanium!

Ah yeah baby! This sweet sucker will out last me, and most of the northern hemisphere.

No comments: