Tuesday, November 08, 2005

It's Tera not Terror


The other item I'm saving my lunch money for is this:

"Oh, yeah baby!" I doubt that's what Austin Powers had in mind, but to each, his (her) own. These little babies have 4 hard drives that you can partition striped and mirrored for the ultimate in redundant long term storage. And with the added support for 1000Mbs networking; it's something you can actually save gigabytes of data to; in your life-time.

it's about the size of a small toaster; and Buffalo figured out that people don't want leaf blowers running in their office, so it has an intelligent fan design that keeps it unit cool with a minimum of noise.

Oddly enough it also supports external USB drives in-case you want to BYOD. Not that I mind; just that seems generous.

Next time... what's that project on my desk and does the NSA know that?

No comments: