Monday, November 21, 2005

Cursed by Geek Style!


I blame myself really; after all the TV ads were designed with me in mind.

To bring you up to speed; I’ve been on the lookout for a new cell phone. I have a very simple phone that was a freebie two or so years ago (which meant the phone was already at least a year old to begin with). Black and white screen, no ring tones, no download content and there is no sync; which is what I’m looking for.

Nokia is running some TV spots; one of which has ‘bubba’ singing the Dukes of Hazards theme song; the other is a SITC wanna-be talking about how the last thing she does after breaking up is delete her boyfriend from her phone. Well I’m thinking hey, that phone looks kinda cool; sure it doesn’t have a touch screen or a qwerty keyboard. But if ‘bubba’ can afford one; they can’t be all that expensive.

Right?

Wrong, the phone I decide is geek cool turns out to be the one that is exclusively sold through Neiman-Marcus for $899.

I’m the first to admit I have no sense of style (what’s wrong with wearing socks and sandals?). So how am I able to pick the sole $1000 dollar phone out?

Back E-bay for me.

No comments: