Friday, December 15, 2006

In the absents of light.

I’m happy to to report I acquired a new toy to work on. I’ve made some Nixie clocks, but now there is something else coming out of Russia; Vacuum Florescent Displays (VFD). At some point I’m sure these were going to go into some sort of calculator.

But now; we’re subverting them for other nefarious purposes: Clocks. I’m planning on a art-deco kind case; with some stone, steel wood Frank Lloyd Wright feeling. But we’ll see how it goes. I’ll keep you posted.

Speaking of keeping up to date; I made some more progress on my mini-Nixie clock. The mounting is all finished; I have to move the AC adaptor to the back of the board; add some silicon to keep things in place and it’s done. The final touch is drilling three holes in a ¼ thick piece of glass; but if that proves too hard; I’ll just switch over to Plexiglas.

No comments: